Our school year is flying by! During the month of November, we devote our class time to emphasizing how important it is to be thankful to God for our many blessings! We are so blessed! During this month, we read about and discuss the Pilgrims and the FIRST Thanksgiving! Please talk to your child at home about being thankful for how God has blessed your family.
A great time was had by all at the Fall Festival. There are several people to thank for such a fun, successful evening! Thank you to all of you for your food donations. Thank you to all the Preschool Parent Council members for preparing the food and decorating, and cleaning up! Thank you to all the teachers for serving and cleaning up afterwards. Thank you to Brent Ritter, Craig Bryan and the Youth for setting up the games and for helping the children play the games. Martin Pate, a local artist and church member, made many of the games the children play. A great time was had by all!
Fall Back: Don’t forget to set your clocks back before you go to bed one hour THIS Saturday night, November 4.
Spirit Night at Newks: November 14: 5:30-8pm A portion of our total sales that night will be donated to the preschool! Please join us…. and when you order, please mention that you are there for the preschool! Located in Ashley Park, 368 Newnan Crossing Bypass, Newnan, 30265. Located near Barnes and Noble and Charming Charlies! See you there!
Library News: Many of you have made book donations to our library in honor of your children. Thank you! We have gotten so many GREAT books! If you would like to honor your child, send a book to your child’s teacher. We will put a book plate in the book honoring your child.
Thanksgiving Feast News: Each year, we have a Thanksgiving Feast for our 4 and 5 year old children. This year our Feast will be on Friday, November 17 at 9:30am in the Parish Hall. Parents of our 4 and 5 year old children will be receiving information soon regarding the Thanksgiving Feast. I will be sending home a reservation form for 4 yr and 5 yr parents to complete and send back to your teacher.
Advent Bags: Thank you for your donations to the Advent Bags. This is a special ministry the preschool helps the church with and we appreciate your generosity. Advent bags will be compiled and distributed to our shut-in members of our church.
Help us give back to our Community during the Holiday season:
Christmas in Coweta: This year our preschool will be helping Bridging the Gap make Christmas a happy time for many children in Coweta County. This Christmas, Bridging the Gap will work to provide gifts for over 1100 children who might not otherwise have presents under the tree. Our preschool will be collecting gifts and/or monetary donations for this project. You may help in 3 ways:
- *send in gift cards in any amount (Target, Walmart, Kohls, Belks, etc) or
- *send in cash or check in an envelope (make checks payable to Bridging the Gap AND in the Memo section, please write Christmas in Coweta) or
- *you may send in a gift (unwrapped). The gift may be one that is appropriate for your child’s age.
Please send the items to your child’s classroom by Thursday, November 30. The teachers will get the items to me, and I will deliver all the gift cards, money and gifts to Bridging the Gap.
For your calendar:
- November 2: Preschool Committee Meeting 4:30 Kindergarten classroom
- November 3: Lunch and Learn Pizza Day
- November 13: Preschool Staff Meeting No Lunch and Learn
- November 14: Spirit Night at Newk’s!
- November 17: Thanksgiving Feast for 4’s and 5’s 9:30 am NO Lunch and Learn
- November 20-24: Thanksgiving Holiday Happy Thanksgiving!!
- November 30: Last day to turn in Christmas in Coweta gifts/donations
- December 13: Last day of preschool. No Lunch and Learn. Classes will have Birthday parties for Jesus!
- January 4: Return to school from Christmas Break!
We are so thankful for your family. Your support of our preschool is tremendous. May you and your family have a very safe, blessed Thanksgiving!
God Bless You!