It is a pleasure to welcome both you and your child to First United Methodist Preschool and Kindergarten. We are delighted that you have chosen our program and know that you want the very best for your child. We seek to provide a loving, nurturing, environment in which each child will feel special and important. Each teacher is dedicated to providing the very best for your child. Our teachers are continuously attending workshops or education classes which provide them with new and creative teaching ideas. They also bring to our program years of teaching experience and education. Our program is rich in learning and gives children the opportunity to explore art, science, literature, dramatic play, music, movement education, foreign language and much, much more!
We look forward to an exciting year together as we strive to provide a unique educational opportunity for your child’s most formative years.
Looking for our parent church? Click here: Newnan First United Methodist Church.
We believe that the church
- is called to the congregation and the community
- is committed to assist persons to live life in the fullness that Jesus proclaimed.
We believe that each child
- is a child of God
- has a right to develop his/her fullest potential
We believe that weekday programs
- should provide examples of the highest qualities of the Christian faith
- assist parents in these crucial years of child rearing
- provide children the best of early childhood education so that they may develop to their fullest potential physically, mentally, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
We commit ourselves to providing weekday programs which bring together the best we know about the education of young children and our highest understanding of the Christian faith.
We believe that all children grow and develop at different rates and have different learning styles. Children are naturally curious about the world around them and should be given the opportunity to explore, create and problem solve with materials which are developmentally appropriate. Each child brings to the educational setting his or her own unique set of experiences. Through interaction in the classroom, children can learn from one another. You will find that your child will increase language skills, become more self confident and develop higher order thinking skills. All activities in these early years should be hands-on and fun. Often what adults perceive as play or pretend is a serious learning experience for a child. Therefore, there will be an array of activities in which children can touch, feel, smell, taste, hear, and see.
First United Methodist Preschool is a non-profit, tuition, self-supporting school. Its purpose is:
- to provide a quality education program in a Christian environment that will promote each child’s cognitive, emotional, and spiritual growth;
- to strengthen each child’s capacity to establish healthy and meaningful relationships with other children;
- to learn respect for themselves and others;
- to know God through Jesus, the church, and the world around them.