These guidelines are always being revised to take into account recalls and changes in season. Please check back here at registration time to receive the most current set of guidelines before you begin tagging your items. ALL items must be tagged using the barcode system.
Please read all of our instructions carefully (see Seller Information as well). You will not receive sale credit for incorrectly tagged items and if you do not follow the guidelines for tagging, we will ask you to retag your items. There 15+ sections below with specific instructions for each. It is assumed that you have read and followed them when you show up at Drop-Off.
Print in Full Resolution – do not print your tags zoomed less or more than 100%. Check your browser settings for more information on this. If the tags are printed small, they are very difficult to get to scan.
Good print quality – Make sure you have plenty of ink and that the bar code is not blurry. Some recycled paper and natural fiber paper will make the ink bleed.
Visibility – Please do NOT tape over the barcode. Taping over the barcode will prevent it from scanning.
Barcode does not match the Printed portion of the tag: This is reported if you create your tags as PDF using a Mac and the Firefox browser. Please print using HTML or choose another browser.
Please consider the following list of supplies to attach your tags:
- Safety pins (no tiny gold safety pins or straight pins)
- Clear packing tape (to attach tags to toys – do NOT tape over the barcode)
- Painters Tape (for books, DVDs, CDs, etc.)
- String, ribbon, zipties or rubberbands (for connecting pairs of items together)
- Ziploc bags (for smaller items or loose parts)
We do not recommend the use of a tagging gun but there is no rule prohibiting it. Tag placement is of the utmost importance to us and most people using a tagging gun will place the tag where it is better for the clothing. Because of this, we prefer that you use safety pins to attach your tags.
Tags held on with straight pins will be turned away. This is for the safety of any children in the area.
- TOPS: Secure tag on the right side of the item. This will be the left front shoulder of the item (if you were wearing the item, the tag would be on your left shoulder)
- BOTTOMS: Secure pants with 2 safety pins at the waist on the shoulder area of the hanger, tagged on the right side (with hanger turned like ?). If necessary, use packing tape to hold the safety pins to their location on the hanger. This will stop them from sliding to one end. Do Not fold pants over the hanger NOR pin the pants folded in half.
- The Seller is responsible for checking Toy Safety and recall websites before bringing items to the sale.
- No labels or stickers. The ticket is removed and taken to the register to purchase. Our recommendation is to use zip ties or heavy twine wherever possible.
- Attach a tag that can be removed by our volunteers when you arrive. At check-in time, someone will find you in line and attach another identifier to your Big Ticket items and move them to our big ticket location. All buyers will remove the bottom, bar-coded portion of the Big Ticket tag to purchase an item. The volunteers will be able to re-tag the item if it is not removed from the floor at the end of the day.
We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Consign at your own risk.