These guidelines are always being revised to take into account recalls and changes in season. Please check back here at registration time to receive the most current set of guidelines before you begin tagging your items. ALL items must be tagged using the barcode system.
Please read all of our instructions carefully (see Seller Information and Tag Printing as well). You will not receive sale credit for incorrectly tagged items and if you do not follow the guidelines for tagging, we will ask you to retag your items. There 12+ sections below with specific instructions for each. It is assumed that you have read and followed them when you show up at Drop-Off.
We have a new tag format! To view the tag, paper restrictions, printing guidelines, and to see answers to questions related to your tag, visit “Tag Format” in the menu.
Please consider the following list of supplies to attach your tags:
- Safety pins (no tiny gold safety pins or straight pins)
- Clear packing tape (to attach tags to toys – do NOT tape over the barcode)
- Painters Tape (for books, DVDs, CDs, etc.)
- String, ribbon, zipties or rubberbands (for connecting pairs of items together)
- Ziploc bags (for smaller items or loose parts)
We do not recommend the use of a tagging gun but there is no rule prohibiting it. Tag placement is of the utmost importance to us and most people using a tagging gun will place the tag where it is better for the clothing. Because of this, we prefer that you use safety pins to attach your tags.
Tags held on with straight pins will be turned away. This is for the safety of any children in the area.
- TOPS: Secure tag on the right side of the item. This will be the left front shoulder of the item (if you were wearing the item, the tag would be on your left shoulder)
- BOTTOMS: Secure pants with 2 safety pins at the waist on the shoulder area of the hanger, tagged on the right side (with hanger turned like ?). If necessary, use packing tape to hold the safety pins to their location on the hanger. This will stop them from sliding to one end. Do Not fold pants over the hanger NOR pin the pants folded in half.
- UNDERWEAR: We do NOT accept used underwear or diapers outside of original (sealed) packaging.
Please include original cases as well so the buyer can know what they are buying and look at the content of the item. Tape all tags to the back side of the DVD/Videos/Games so the front is visible, making sure to avoid the barcode.
Please tape tags to the backside of the books or anywhere you think it will be safe. Remember that tape can tear some books covers so keep that in mind before you tag them – try using painters tape. If they are sets you can rubber band them together and attach the tag with a ziptie or put them into a big ziplock bag so they can be sold all together. Please do NOT tape the tag to the bag if you are using a bag; simply place it inside.
- The Seller is responsible for checking Toy Safety and recall websites before bringing items to the sale.
- No labels or stickers. The ticket is removed and taken to the register to purchase. Our recommendation is to use zip ties or heavy twine wherever possible.
- Attach a tag that can be removed by our volunteers when you arrive. At check-in time, someone will find you in line and attach another identifier to your Big Ticket items and move them to our big ticket location. All buyers will remove the bottom, bar-coded portion of the Big Ticket tag to purchase an item. The volunteers will be able to re-tag the item if it is not removed from the floor at the end of the day.
We are also not accepting stuffed animals. We ask that you please donate them to your local fire department.
We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Consign at your own risk.